Minnesota can only miss the tournament if the following occurs-
- Michigan beats Minnesota in the B1G, AND
- Colgate beats Harvard in the ECAC, AND
- UMass-Lowell beats BU in HE, AND
- Miami beats SCSU in the NCHC, AND
- Michigan Tech beats Mankato in the WCHA, AND
- North Dakota beats Denver in the NCHC 3rd Place Game
Any other result in any other game and the Gophers are in the NCAA Tournament. If each outcome is a 50/50 probability and we take a Minnesota loss as an assumption, there is a 3.125% chance that this scenario will occur.
A win tomorrow night against Michigan would likely mean a #9 or #10 overall seed, whereas a loss will probably net Minnesota a #13 or #14 seed.